We envision a world where government favors liberty over dogma and freethinkers are overt, united and influential.
- Governments do not restrict freedoms because of religious dogma.
- Freethinkers are a voting bloc actively courted by politicians.
- Overt freethinkers are routinely elected to major public offices.
- There is no stigma attached to being a freethinker.
- People see nontheists and theists as equally capable of being ethical.
- Governments do not establish, fund, favor, privilege, promote or sponsor religion or irreligion in general or a specific variety thereof.
- Being perceived as influenced by fundamentalists is political poison.
- Nothing is beyond the scope of questions; religious dogma & scriptural literalism are seen as folly.
- Freethought is seen as a respectable alternative to following a religion.
- The Freethought Movement is seen as a major and noble equality movement.
- Schools receiving government funds provide dogma-free education and teach objective summaries of major religions and nontheism as part of social studies.
- The vast majority of people globally believe it is immoral to use government or violence to force their religion or religious restrictions on others.